Welcome to the development page of Steam Sky
Steam Sky is an open source roguelike with a steampunk setting. You are the commander of a flying ship, as leader you will be traveling across floating bases, engaging in combat, trading goods etc. There is no mandatory ending to the game, you may freely play until your character dies. The game is currently, in constant development, but is in a playable state. Steam Sky is available for Linux and Windows 64-bit platforms.
There are currently 2 versions of the game:
- 5.0.x: "stable" version of game. This version will receive bug fixes but no new features. Source code for this version is in the GitHub 5.0 branch.
- 5.x: "development" version of game, future version 6.0. This is where game feature updates happen. Due to new features, save compatibility will typically break between releases. Use this version at your own risk. Source code for this version is in the trunk branch.
- Home - The starting page of the project. You are here.
- About - More detailed information (with screenshots) about the game.
- Timeline - Show last changes to the project (code, but also pages, tickets and discussions on the forum).
- Code - Browse files (source code and the code documentation) in the repository.
- Download - Download the whole repository (with this page also). Available options are compressed files or Fossil clone of this repository. Also, there you will find options to download the latest stable and the development versions of the game.
- Forum - If you want to discuss something related to the project, come there.
- Tickets - If you have any problems with the project, or you found a bug in the code, please open a new ticket here. Also, you can browse existing tickets too.
- Docs - The official project documentation index.
- Search - Search through tickets, commit messages, wiki pages and forum.
- More - The list of all available pages in the repository.
The most actions don't require creation of an account here. You can use the anonymous account for example, to create tickets. Just every anonymous entry must be moderated before it appear to everyone.
If you find the project is interesting for you, please consider support it.