Weekly development report 2021-07-03

Welcome to the weekly development report or what was done in my Open Source projects in the last week. This week the most visible change in all projects is update to the new version of Fossil. And all other things are going in their normal pace.

Steam Sky

Roguelike in a sky with steampunk theme (written in Ada)

As usual, the best day for catching bugs is the next day after a release. :) Literally one day after the latest stable release, one player reported a crash. Also, a couple other non-crashing problems were fixed in the game too. The most visible change will be probably scrollbars. Again, in around 24 hours after this post another, another a bit more stable version will be available to download.

In the development version, the sage about updating look and feel of User Interface continues:

TASHY2

Ada binding to Tcl/Tk, the new version of TASHY

The code documentation of the project should now generate without any problems. I splited the type Pad_Data on Horizontal_Pad_Data and Vertical_Pad_Data so the setting padding for various widgets will be now a bit more readable. Field Grid_Options.Sticky got its own type instead of just Tcl_String thus it now doesn't require knowledge of Tcl to set it. Of course, all related unit tests were updated either. Also, there are added some more default values for various types and a bit more pre and post condition checks. Tcl.List.Split_List function can now also split empty lists now. Earlier it was crashing when trying to take some widgets default options. Next I started work on the new version of the library demo program. The old was just an empty window with one button, the new will be a simple calculator. At this moment it is a work in progress stage. The basic UI is on its place, now I need to add the whole code to calculate everything. :)

Hunter

Graphical File Manager for Linux (written in Ada)

This week, as a few previous, was almost complete copy of the previous week:

YASS

Yet Another Static Site (generator) (written in Ada)

Same as with the Hunter, the whole report could be copied from the previous week. And this means: AdaControl still reports problems in the Config package. Thus, the whole week was spent here on fixing them. And same as in the project above, I added linking time optimization option to compilers flags when build the stable version of the program. Also, all additional checks like pre- and post- conditions are moved to the debug builds only. Some cleanup in the Bob commands related to the project was made too. And now the work started on adding some more contract based programming to the project.

Back