Weekly development report 2021-06-26

Welcome to the weekly development report or what was done in my Open Source projects in the last week.

Steam Sky

Roguelike in a sky with steampunk theme (written in Ada)

In the stable version, looks like all the problems which I know are fixed. Probably a whole other world of bugs is hidden somewhere. :) Anyway, as the game is more stable, time for the next release. In around 24 hours since this post, it will be available everywhere where the game is. And probably one day later I will find something again. :)

The development version is going in it own pace. And generally in forward:

TASHY2

Ada binding to Tcl/Tk, the new version of TASHY

The bindings for the Tk image bitmap commands are added to the library. Same as unit tests for them and the full code documentation (I hope, useful). Also, the code documentation for package Tk.Image.Photo is finished. Added binding for the Tcl C API Tcl_EvalFile function to the Tcl package. And as usual, unit test for it. And started the main work of this week: redesign the demo program. The previous version was just a window with one button, the new will be a simple calculator. At this moment work just started, but as a side effect of it, there will be some changes in the library API too. Mostly related to simplify some tasks. From the other work: I reviewed the code a bit and added in a few places default values to some types and arrays. This should make the library a bit more stable. And started fixing some missing code documentation too.

Hunter

Graphical File Manager for Linux (written in Ada)

This week was almost complete copy of the previous week:

YASS

Yet Another Static Site (generator) (written in Ada)

AdaControl still reports problems in the Config package. Thus, the whole week was spent here on fixing them. Also, the code documentation was reorganized to this same manner as it is done in my other projects. And I've started some fun with the compiler flags. For now, only setting rpath on Linux was added to the project yass.gpr file and the build script was updated to the new version of the project's configuration.

Docker Ada

Various Docker images files related to the Ada programming language

Just small change here. I finally found a solution to not working linking time optimization (especially on MinGW). If someone has that same problem: when GCC fails to link the executable with -flto set on file lto-wrapper then you have to install make package. Quite obvious. Yes, that's sarcasm. Anyway, all the Adabuild images were updated by adding make package. The project documentation was updated either. Again, this project is going to sleep for now.

Back