Weekly development report 2021-05-08
Welcome to the weekly development report or what was done in my Open Source
projects in the last week.
Roguelike in a sky with steampunk theme (written in Ada)
In the stable version: all the bugs which I was able to find are fixed by now.
This mean, in around 24 hours since this post a new, a bit less buggy version
of the game will be available for download. Let's see then how much other bugs
are hidden in the corners. Additionally, some unused code were removed too.
The development version: this week work was related mostly to Quality of Life
- Finally, I made that the game doesn't need to install fonts on Windows.
Also, handling fonts on Linux is now better. The side effect of this change
is that now, the players can add own fonts to the own themes. Also, this
change made obsolete requirement of the installer on Windows and AppImage on
Linux. Now the game can be distributed as a simple archive. I think I will
try this option for the next development release, we will see if it will
work better than the old option. Unfortunately, the problem with support of
the old versions of various Linux distribution still is here.
- Started work on adding missing ability to move in game screens with mouse
wheel. At this moment the most of the work is done, a few screens are still
in need to be updated.
- Some small changes to UI in various places, like added some padding to help
- Same bugs which were found in the stable version, have been fixed in the
development version too.
- And standard bottom line: under-the-hood work on better code continues as
Ada binding to Tcl/Tk, the new version of TASHY
The whole week was spent on creating bindings for various Tk wm commands.
At this moment, they all should be done and work properly. Also, all unit tests
for them are on the place. The last thing to do is the code documentation for
Tk.Wm. Work on it started but still there is a lot to do.
Graphical File Manager for Linux (written in Ada)
This week brings a bit more new things than the previous to the console version
of the program:
- Added option to select or deselect all files and directories in the current
- Added option to search by name for files and directories in the current
- Added option to set or remove the program's bookmarks for the selected
- Fixed updating the preview of currently selected file and directory when
going to bookmark or using path buttons
- Standard, copy+pasted from the last weeks: a lot of work with fixing problems
reported by the AdaControl.
Yet Another Static Site (generator) (written in Ada)
Same as in the previous weeks: the main focus is on fixing problems reported by
AdaControl. Also, finished for now fixing various grammar problems in the user