Weekly development report 2020-11-28

Welcome to the weekly development report or what was done in my Open Source projects in the last week.

Steam Sky

Roguelike in a sky with steampunk theme (written in Ada)

As they say: if you ask for troubles soon or later you will find any :) By the last few weeks nobody was reported any bugs, so I decided to check for typos. And in the stable version there is a real gold mine of them. I'm slowly fixing them thus soon will be a new, more grammar friendly, stable release of the game available. And because I'm a bit lazy (and my English is far from perfect) I use for this tool called LanguageTool.

In the development version, the standard three tasks were done this week:

Plus the most important information: because the last development version was released almost 4 weeks ago, thus now it is time for the new :) In less than 24 since this post a new development version will be available to download on GitHub and Itch.io

Also, something not related to the game development but to the game itself: inspired by one player who was running Dwarf Fortress on iPhone via SSH, I've tried to run Steam Sky on the Android phone via VNC protocol. Results are far from perfect: a native version would be a lot better. It is playable just a bit slow and definitely too small. You can see a short video here. Now I need to find time to build an Android version of the game :)

TASHY2

Ada binding to Tcl/Tk, based on TASHY

Hunter

Graphical File Manager for Linux (written in Ada)

Generally, the whole week was dedicated to fixing bugs and updating the program UI. Also, the Ada programming language syntax highlightning was updated with aspects and pragmas. A few small changes under the hood with code refactoring were done too.

tkBreeze

Tk version of Breeze and Breeze Dark themes

Here also only small changes: added option to move scrollbars with mouse wheel, fixed some typos in README.md and removed unused code from the themes.

Back