Weekly development report 2023-01-14
Welcome to the first this year, the weekly development report or what was done in my
Open Source projects in the last week.
Roguelike in a sky with steampunk theme (written in Ada)
The stable version returned to the most common stage: all bugs are hidden,
nothing emerged this week. As usual, I probably have to dig deeper. ;)
In the development version, some small visible changes are done:
- The work to redesign the UI related to managing the player's ship's crew
members continues, with the speed of a small iceberg. :P I've added a button
to show the crew member's inventory to the general info about the crew
- Added option to set the icon for the new button via the game's theming
- Finished updating the game tests. I merged them all into one mega-test.
Effect: previously it took around 10 or 15 minutes to check them all. Now
it takes around 3 minutes. :)
- A lot of work done with moving the game from Ada to Nim. For now, it looks
like everything works as expected, or better, the old bugs are ported too.
- Some standard code cleanup for the old code done either.
The static code analyzer for Nim programming language
The project slowly takes it shape. To be honest I'm a bit surprised how fast
everything is going here. Many configuration options are on the place, there
are two rules to check are added.
- The program now has a couple of options, how to set the list of files to
check: from listing every file to recursive go through the selected
- As mentioned above, the program offers two rules to check at this moment:
havePragma to check if callable routines (procedures, functions, etc) have
proper pragmas and
haveEntity to check if the selected entity like
procedure, variable with the selected name exists in the module.
- Also the whole parsing code was redesigned and rewritten. Now it should work
- Added a lot of documentation about the program settings into the
configs/nimalyzer.cfg file. Later I will add a real documentation, but for
now, as the whole API is liquid, these things change quite often.
- Fixed the program compilation in GitHub workflow. For some reasons, nimble
there can't find compiler source code, thus it needs to be downloaded