Weekly development report 2022-09-17

Welcome to the weekly development report or what was done in my Open Source projects in the last week.

Steam Sky

Roguelike in a sky with steampunk theme (written in Ada)

No news is good news. Thus, there are good news from the stable version of the game. :) At least, I hope for them. Nothing to report here.

The development version of the game brings several upgrades and a few fixes to the game's UI:

Nish

The experimental command shell written in Nim

The refactoring work is done, at least for now. It took almost the whole week, thus the report is short again. Good news is that I finally started using the shell. For now, only to write itself. That means I started finding bugs. :)

Gameboost

Simple shell script to tweak FreeBSD for gaming

And probably the last weekly change for a some time. :) I've added a setting to set the game or application priority. This can be a bit surprising, but setting lower, not higher priority for a game, can bring some performance boost. It happens due the game usually wait for a system tasks when runs, like rendering the graphic, reading from the disk, etc. Lowering the game priority gives that tasks higher priority, thus allow them finish faster. But again, your mileage my vary in that matter.

Back