Weekly development report 2022-07-30
Welcome to the weekly development report or what was done in my Open Source
projects in the last week.
Roguelike in a sky with steampunk theme (written in Ada)
Looks like this month will pass without any new stable releases. No changes in
the stable version of the game in this week.
In the development version, the fun with updating the game UI slowly moving
- More dialogs' buttons now showing icon and text at the same time.
- Updated crafting interface. Same as in trading, pressing the mouse button on
the list now showing the information about the selected crafting recipe
instead of the actions' menu. The actions themselves moved to the dialog with
information about the crafting recipe.
- Added information where the selected recruit has equipped its items on its
- Similar to the crafting interface, the recruit interface updated. Now, when
clicking on the recruits' list, it shows the information about the recruit.
Additionally, added a new icon for hiring/negotiating action button.
- As usual, the new icon can be set via the game's themes system. The
documentation about the game's modification updated with information how to
- All buttons in the recruit interfaces in bases now show icons and text on
- As usual, a lot of work with code cleanup and generally made it more
readable. Still some work to do.
The experimental command shell written in Nim
The big week for the small thing. Another alpha release 0.3.0 arrived this
time. After a short celebration (the whole 5 minutes :P) I back to work, the
list below contains mostly changes which appeared in the release:
- Added API to get response from a plugin. Currently, it is used only when
taking more information about the plugin, when showing details about it.
- Added API to trigger enabled plugins before and after the user entered
- Finished work on the first version of the plugins' system of the shell. At
this moment it is very basic and unoptimized system, but I hope over time I
will do something more useful there.
- Added unit tests for various subprograms related to the plugins' system. At
this moment it looks like everything works as expected.
- Added documentation about the plugins' system, in the README.md file and on
the project's webpage.
- As mentioned above, after some tests and final updates to the project's
documentation the new version of the shell arrived.
- And the work on the next version of the shell started as usual with some
improvements to the code. This time I started adding contract based
programming to the shell. At this moment it is in very early stage of
setting. Looks like I will have to do some more changes to the project's
configuration to have everything to work as expected.