Weekly development report 2021-11-06

Welcome to the weekly development report or what was done in my Open Source projects in the last week.

Steam Sky

Roguelike in a sky with steampunk theme (written in Ada)

Another quiet week in the stable version. As usual, I'm probably missing some bugs. Well, soon, or later I will find them… or someone helps me with them. :)

In the development version, the work on various in-game menus continues:

TASHY2

Ada binding to Tcl/Tk, the new version of TASHY

As the work on making the code better continues, I decided replace the current setting for colors for various Tk widget from string (exactly Tcl_String) to new, special type. This caused to create a new package Tk.Colors. The work here just started so, not too much done. Before it started I finished changing Create subprograms preconditions for various Tk widgets. It again moved various Options_To_String functions to packages' specifications and adding unit tests for them. The functions Tcl_Get_Result for returning result as Integer or Float changed their returned values to Tcl_Integer_Result and Tcl_Float_Result respectively. This allows to return also information if conversion was successful and if not, the message with information what goes wrong. Another big change this week is set the maximum length for the Tk widgets path names and Tk image identifier. It is now set to 4096 characters. It is still very high limit I think, but should be absolutely enough. This change had pretty large impact on the gnatprove result. It helped to prove around 200 various checks. :) And it should also later reduce needed amount of various pre- and post- conditions in the code. As usual, during the work, a few new problems reported by AdaControl tool fixed too. Which was now added to the standard tests of the library.

Hunter

Graphical File Manager for Linux (written in Ada)

The week of beautification of the console version. That could summarize the most of changes in this week:

www.laeran.pl

Yass project to generate this website

The whole week took some small work to update the project to the newest version of YASS. It means mostly removing unneeded settings from various pages. Nothing visible for humans, only spiders have now some work to do either.

Back